Friday, April 26, 2013

Creamy Almond Milk

 
Wow!!! Now I feel like I'm getting there! I'm not afraid of my
Vitamix anymore and I whip things up like nothing these days!
My friend JM warned me: "Once you make your first batch of fresh almond milk,
you'll never go back to store bought"....
 

Almond Milk

1 cup Raw Almonds
3 cups Filtered Water
Nut Milk Bag
(you can also use a fine mesh sieve or cheese cloth)


 
First you will need to soak the Almonds in water for a minimum of 8 hours or overnight
 
 
Once hydrated they look nice and plump!
 
 
 
Add youringredients to your blender and blend on high speed for 2 minutes


 Once it is blended to the desired consistancy, pass through a fine mesh sieve (or in my case I only had cheese cloth on hand)

 
And that's IT!! At this point you can add any other ingredients you like.  Consider Pure Vanilla Extract (1/2 tsp), Honey (1 tbsp), Dates (2-3), Raw Cacao powder (1 tbsp) the options are endless!
 
Well, I am a BELIEVER!!! This is the creamiest, freshest, most flavorful milk I have ever tasted!! I'm not just tootig my own horn people, this is good stuff!


 

2 comments:

  1. Hey chica! Yup, JM speaks truth :) Isn't it delicious??? Yum yum. I'm waiting for my old cheapie blender to kick the bucket. Then, watch out! I think we'll be gettin' a Vitamix as well. Miss ya'!!!. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey taby...
    how are you 2 doing? Me and Nuria have a news we would like to share with you. what's your email?

    take care.
    Maury

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...