Sunday, January 30, 2011

Are You Ready For a Throwdown?


So, I have a little guilty obsession with Bobby Flay's "Throwdown" show. 
One of the most intriguing shows for me was the "Cake Man Raven" Throwdown with Red velvet cake.  
I have never really been a fan of the oily, red dye #39 tasting confection. 
But, since I truly love the versatility of cupcakes I thought maybe I could transform their traditional red velvet cake into a perfect little package, you know just enough, not overbearing. 
M recipe was inspired by both Raven and Flay, with my own "tabby-tab" flare. 
How do I know they were a hit?  S had 2 with his morning coffee...
He reasons Americans eat muffins for breakfast and that's OK, right? 
No excuses needed here....
As long as he's loving it I'm a happy baker :)

1 comment:

  1. Wish we were there to taste some!! ;) S didn't stand a chance with that tabby-tab flare you added! :) xo Y & J

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...